Perhaps Plastic Explosives?
C-C-C-CUH YEAH I DO COCAINE!
C-C-C-CUH YEAH I DO COCAINE!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated to all who contributed to one of Paul's favourite experiences. Thank you.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DISCUSS: LEGO Stop Motion Films

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Adrenaline
The Enforcer
The Enforcer
Adrenaline

Skrillas : 6021

DISCUSS: LEGO Stop Motion Films Empty
PostSubject: DISCUSS: LEGO Stop Motion Films   DISCUSS: LEGO Stop Motion Films Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 7:04 pm

Aight, guys, I've really been thinking about this and want to dive into stop motion films. I want to have the whole story planned out before I start out with everything, and want to have your input.

Of course, I want to do a mafia film, haha, and I would need to come up with a storyline. It can't be too much, because to even make a film 5 minutes it's alot of work. I don't want it to be too long and too hard.

The other day I was listening to a new song on my Ipod by Benny Goodman called Sing Sing Sing, and thought that it would be an awesome song to do a clip to a movie to...I was thinking like this huuuge party is going on, and there's all these dancers and everything going all out, and throughout the song it cuts to scenes of gangsters pulling off robberies and racing away in cars and stuff. Just an awesome, adrenaline-filled, fast-paced scene. It would be so cool!

Only thing is, there's got to be a story surrounding it, and I'm not sure what. Any suggestions?!?

I found a link to the song on Youtube here!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/people/soldierof1945/
Adrenaline
The Enforcer
The Enforcer
Adrenaline

PostSubject: Re: DISCUSS: LEGO Stop Motion Films   DISCUSS: LEGO Stop Motion Films Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 12:06 am

Well, since nobody had any ideas, I started on my own. This is what I got so far:

(Black)

(Don taps his cigar into the ashtray)
Don: Masino is having his party tonight. It's a cheap get-up at the Palmer House, he's tryin' to gain some class. You've seen how he's started nosing in on our operations...

(Don stands and walks over to a window)
Don: He's becoming too much of a...a nuisance. I don't want to get rid of him yet, he could still have his uses. I want you to mess with him.

(Don turns around)
Don: Most, if not all of his men will be with him, leaving his home, his bar, and his warehouses with no protection. Hit him. Hit him hard.

(Don walks behind desk)
Don: I want him to crawl bleeding back to me. Take Morelli and Greco with you. Get heaters from Vito if you need 'em. And Charlie...Don't disappoint.

(Cuts to man standing silently opposite the Don. He turns, and walks out of the door. Meanwhile, start Sing Sing Sing)
Voice-Over During Drums: "This next piece is a new hit, you all are sure to
blow your wig! All you cats, grab a gal, and get ready to SING SING SING!!!"

(As soon as horns start, cut to party, band playing, couples start to swing
dance. Depending on timing and mood of song, cut back and forth between gangsters and party.)

That's it so far, need to figure out what I want to do for the ending. The song I have is about 5 minutes, I'm sure if I want to try to film stuff for the whole song, or edit the song...I'll figure it out.

I already have a Benny Goodman minifig for the band, complete with a custom clarinet!!
Back to top Go down
Dr. J

Dr. J

Skrillas : 5989

PostSubject: Re: DISCUSS: LEGO Stop Motion Films   DISCUSS: LEGO Stop Motion Films Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 6:05 pm

Psh, who needs a storyline? As long it's adrenaline loaded, it has to be awesome!

BTW...
Quote :
... and there's all these dancers and everything going all out...
Dancing minifigs = not so easy to make work....
Back to top Go down
Adrenaline
The Enforcer
The Enforcer
Adrenaline

PostSubject: Re: DISCUSS: LEGO Stop Motion Films   DISCUSS: LEGO Stop Motion Films Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 8:35 pm

I'd rather be making the film knowing what I was going to shoot, not just making sutff up as I go! And I know, but I've been studying and trying to figure stuff out, I might be able to make it work Smile
Back to top Go down
Dr. J

Dr. J

Skrillas : 5989

PostSubject: Re: DISCUSS: LEGO Stop Motion Films   DISCUSS: LEGO Stop Motion Films Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 7:20 pm

I go in with a storyline, but because of various difficulties (me being lazy) it ends up being much different.
Back to top Go down
Memory
The Advisor
The Advisor
Memory

Skrillas : 5985

PostSubject: Re: DISCUSS: LEGO Stop Motion Films   DISCUSS: LEGO Stop Motion Films Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 3:53 pm

Oops, missed this.

Some basic tips: good lighting, taped-down camear and set, etc.

Shoot at 30fps and just double every take (take two frames instead of one). The result will be 15fps with the option to switch to 30fps for smoother action at moments- perhaps things happening very quickly.

Don't shoot chronologically, shoot logically. Shoot all of the shots from one angle or on one set before switching to the next. Figure out exactly what the script is, record it, and figure out exactly how long each line takes. Then, you know how many frames each line should last.

Avoid natural light like the plague- it will mess you up.

Chances are that you already knew most of that, but I'm just laying out everything I can think of. How's it going so far?
Back to top Go down
http://www.youngspacers.blogspot.com
Adrenaline
The Enforcer
The Enforcer
Adrenaline

PostSubject: Re: DISCUSS: LEGO Stop Motion Films   DISCUSS: LEGO Stop Motion Films Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 5:23 pm

Gotcha - thanks for the tips.

Unfortunately, horrible. I started building one set awile ago, and I've been so busy lately I haven't done anything since.

Stupid friggin' musical at school. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DISCUSS: LEGO Stop Motion Films   DISCUSS: LEGO Stop Motion Films Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DISCUSS: LEGO Stop Motion Films
Page 1 of 1