Perhaps Plastic Explosives?
C-C-C-CUH YEAH I DO COCAINE!
C-C-C-CUH YEAH I DO COCAINE!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated to all who contributed to one of Paul's favourite experiences. Thank you.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Military General

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Clashy

Clashy

Skrillas : 5831

Military General Empty
PostSubject: Military General   Military General Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 5:40 am

I figured since this is a military related forums, why not have a discussion about Military related stuff?

Well, I'm not sure where to go with it, but I'll start on weapons and training I suppose...

So, does anyone here have firearms experience and or regularly practices marksmanship/various drills? Firearms are not only just about operating a machine properly, but also taking part in defensive and offensive situations to keep your senses and fitness up for proper defense of you and others. Right now I'm not one to keep up practice on speed and accuracy since I have a kid to take care of most of the time (Not to mention the only thing good I have in my arsenal right now is a 1950s era Commie pistol). As of the past 5 months all I've had time to practice is room clearing when the bugger has been asleep, even then it's pretty much only for my own enjoyment and adds little serious security value to it. But then again, it does help a bit to know the optimal defensive locations in a house with a metric crap ton of windows and doors to burst through.

Anyhoo, I'm not sure if anyone here goes as far as I do, but in the very least I'm sure you guys have some favorite weapons, gear, or otherwise that we could discuss. Either way, what critical standings and knowledge I have towards it all is an open book and ready to be picked at in lively discussion. tongue

*EDIT* Also, Tactical Kilts are now relevant to this discussion.

-A

Last edited by Clashy on Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://flickr.com/people/lightsaberclash/
Paul
The Decider
The Decider
Paul

Skrillas : 6104

Military General Empty
PostSubject: Re: Military General   Military General Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 5:43 am

I have a .22 magnum rifle and a pump pellet rifle. It's not about the size of the gun when you have a shot like I do, especially with the iron sights.
Back to top Go down
https://ppexplosives.forumotion.com
Clashy

Clashy

Military General Empty
PostSubject: Re: Military General   Military General Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 6:14 am

What's your accuracy like? I've seen some people who can really shoot, and good.
I can't hit the broad side of a barn when it comes to scoped semi-auto rifles (or even high powered bolt actions for that matter) the best I squeeze out is at 150 meters on a Bulgarian built AKM-74, and that's really taking it slow. My averages are 4-7 MOA on irons at best, that's really not too bad considering the ammo I shoot is 1970s/1980s dated Soviet surplus with eroded primers and powder.
I think my problem is probably more about me trying to learn accuracy on something new, and since I'm already good at operating several major weapon systems, I'm just used to the norm. On top of that, there isn't an overwhelming want or need to train on something entirely foreign. Either that or I just can't get used to varying recoil on larger cartridges and recoil springs/assemblies.

This may sound paranoid, but I just like to have a little more "umpfh" and training when you have a whole network of ruthless criminals run by cartels who are actively kidnapping and killing people in the area where you live. Hell, even the border patrol's training, weaponry, and ability for self defense can't help them much when a determined group of thugs they encounter decides to kill them.

That stuff aside, I recently heard Canada's long gun registry was repealed, sounds like you guys are getting around to how it used to be. Maybe next will be some self defense laws to go with that? I still envy your Canadian imported $400 SVT-40s, damn you.

-A
Back to top Go down
Adrenaline
The Enforcer
The Enforcer
Adrenaline

Skrillas : 6005

Military General Empty
PostSubject: Re: Military General   Military General Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 12:09 pm

I only just recently bought my first rifle - a WWII production M1 Garand. I haven't gotten to shoot it yet, with being away at college, but I'm excited to.

My brother works for Homeland Security, so he is literally an expert. Always scores 2-3 points off of a perfect during training. He's taken my dad and I shooting a couple of times, and I'm obviously not an expert like him, but pretty decent for a lack of practice.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/people/soldierof1945/
Clashy

Clashy

Military General Empty
PostSubject: Re: Military General   Military General Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 6:47 pm

Nice, did you buy it from CMP? If you have your FOID card you should get some fun and cheap rifles while they're still out there.

I have a cousin like your brother, except that he's ex-whateverspecialunit and is always active in Mexico. The guy changes his phone number and addresses like underwear and nobody can get a hold of him LOL. If you/he ever has time you should have him teach you a few useful techniques.
Back to top Go down
Adrenaline
The Enforcer
The Enforcer
Adrenaline

Skrillas : 6005

Military General Empty
PostSubject: Re: Military General   Military General Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 11:29 pm

Definitely!! He's already taught me a different shooting technique.

Yep, I bought from CMP through a reservist in my reenacting unit. It's a '44 Springfield, rebarreled for Korea. I love her like no other. I do have my FOID, as soon as I can save up some more money I plan on buying more!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/people/soldierof1945/
Sponsored content

Military General Empty
PostSubject: Re: Military General   Military General Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Military General
Page 1 of 1