Perhaps Plastic Explosives?
C-C-C-CUH YEAH I DO COCAINE!
C-C-C-CUH YEAH I DO COCAINE!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated to all who contributed to one of Paul's favourite experiences. Thank you.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Video game systems

Go down 
+6
Stormleader
Jayfo
Jettrooper-77
Adrenaline
SGT57
Elffy
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Which game system do you like best?
PS2/PS1
Video game systems Vote_lcap0%Video game systems Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
PS3
Video game systems Vote_lcap9%Video game systems Vote_rcap
 9% [ 1 ]
Wii
 9% [ 1 ]
Gamecube
 0% [ 0 ]
Xbox/Xbox360
Video game systems Vote_lcap36%Video game systems Vote_rcap
 36% [ 4 ]
Nintendo/Nintendo64
 9% [ 1 ]
Gameboy (any kind)
 0% [ 0 ]
PSP
 9% [ 1 ]
Nintendo DS
 0% [ 0 ]
Pc/Mac (Mac rules!)
Video game systems Vote_lcap27%Video game systems Vote_rcap
 27% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 11

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Elffy

Elffy

Skrillas : 5863

Video game systems Empty
PostSubject: Video game systems   Video game systems Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 3:44 pm

We were all talking in the C-box about game systems, and Mems said, "/Thread.", so I thought I could make a poll. On which game system rules! It will be up for a week. (7 days)

And PLEASE! reply on this topic.............

EDIT: I think you can still vote on something you still have.

Last edited by Elffy on Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=327312
SGT57

SGT57

Skrillas : 6029
Location : North Carolina. Weapon: M1 Carbine Vehicle: '98 Jeep Wrangler

Video game systems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video game systems   Video game systems Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 3:44 pm

Xbox 360 FTW!
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26371913@N02/
Elffy

Elffy

Video game systems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video game systems   Video game systems Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 3:48 pm

I've only played on an Xbox once...it was at Circuit City, and I thought it was okay....

PSP FTW!!!!!!! You can even go on the Internet on them! and have music, and play games! THEY ROCK!!!!!!!!(Unlike Storm) Wink

EDIT1: But that doesn't mean I don't like any of the others....I like macs, PS2, PS3, and the wii is okay, if you have the right game...

EDIT2: I voted PSP

Last edited by Elffy on Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Adrenaline
The Enforcer
The Enforcer
Adrenaline

Skrillas : 6005

Video game systems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video game systems   Video game systems Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 5:52 pm

I actually voted for PC. I think it can be a great system - you can have a bunch of other programs stored on it and you can go online with it too!!! Wink

Hahah, I have little to no access to any of the new games systems past the PS2.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/people/soldierof1945/
Jettrooper-77

Jettrooper-77

Skrillas : 6047

Video game systems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video game systems   Video game systems Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 6:24 pm

Adrenaline wrote:
I actually voted for PC. I think it can be a great system - you can have a bunch of other programs stored on it and you can go online with it too!!! Wink

Hahah, I have little to no access to any of the new games systems past the PS2.
Back to top Go down
http://www.atfreeforum.com/galaxyatwar/index.php?mforum=galaxyat
Jayfo

Jayfo

Skrillas : 5832

Video game systems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video game systems   Video game systems Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 8:07 pm

I used to love the Wii, then I got a 360 and found it obviously superior. Still love the Wii though, just love the 360 more. I voted Xbox.
Back to top Go down
http://flickr.com/photos/38755933@N00/
Stormleader

Stormleader

Skrillas : 6103
Location : Blasting through anything in my way....And you are in my way.

Video game systems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video game systems   Video game systems Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 11:23 pm

PS3 FTW!
I also love PC's though, but they get outdated SO fast anymore.

Stormy
Back to top Go down
PuffDaddy

PuffDaddy

Skrillas : 5977

Video game systems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video game systems   Video game systems Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 11:50 pm

I voted XBox 360....it's easily the best system ever.

XBox 360, I love it. Best console ever made. It has great graphics (sure, they're not as good as the PS3's, but they're very close and I'm not one to buy a system just for graphics). The game selection is amazing, with a ton of exclusive games. Live is absolutely amazing. Sure, it costs money, but it's worth every penny, and it's cheaper than playing World of Warcraft. Every game made for XBox is enhanced by Live, whether it be for the multiplayer or for the downloadable content. It's also great for the customization, what with the faceplate, customizable dashboard, and profiles. The controller is complete ownage, it's the perfect design. the original XBox controller was big and clumsy, and the PlayStation controllers I find to be too small for me. And who needs motion controls? I find them to sort of become just an added feature to impress you a couple times, then they get annoying. It's a video game, not real life, I'll stick to my normal controller. I spend all my time on my 360 and I love it to death.

Wii is alright, I have one, I rarely play it. I found it got old really quickly. I do still play it because it's different from everything else out there. I found that it wasn't big name games that made the Wii, it was smaller games that were dependent on the motion controls. I have a couple sports games which are what I like on the Wii. Otherwise, things like Call of Duty are better on other systems.

PS2 was my favorite system before I got my 360. It had the widest variety of games and only recently have they slowed the production of games for it. Good system, graphics are no longer up to par, but it still owns.

PS3....it just sucks. There's nothing it has that would make me want one instead of my 360, even if they were the same price, I wouldn't want it.

PSP....I have one, I have a few games for it, I only use it on vacations, and even then I use it less than my GameBoy Advance. Sure, it can go on the internet, but so can my laptop and my iPod, both of which provide way better internet at a faster speed. The graphics are good for a handheld system, but I found you had to sacrifice some things for them. Like in SW:BF2, you only get half the maps and they actually made the maps smaller. Plus, i found the controls annoying and clumsy.

Gameboy, I have a Color and an Advance. I still love to play them. The games are lots of fun and they're great for vacations. I know the graphics suck and the games are rather limited, but I still love them and I will continure to use them. I don't like the DS much though. I found that it sort of insists upon itself and I didn't have much fun playing it.

N64, I still have mine and I still play it for old times sake. It was the first real game system I bought and I loved it. I have a bunch of classic games for it (Kirby, Pokemon Stadium, etc) and I always loved it. Though, the PS2 stole my heart later on, it still brings back great memories.

Gamecube, never really got into it. I have mine still, but I didn't use it much. There were never any great games for it, and what was good on it, I had for PS2. I do have some GC exclusive games, but it turned out a lot like the Wii to me, I have a couple games, played it every once in a while, but there was always something better.

PCs are great, but I rarely use them for gaming. The only games I own for my computers are Roller Coaster Tycoon, a collection of classic games, and I'm looking forward to Spore, which just came out. Otherwise, I only use my naked lady machine (inside joke) for internet and entertainment on vacation.
Back to top Go down
Memory
The Advisor
The Advisor
Memory

Skrillas : 5969

Video game systems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video game systems   Video game systems Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 12:01 am

SNES.

Go to any reputable source that includes older game history, and you'll find that the Super Nintendo Entertainment System is, without a doubt, the best system ever. I recognize that the PS2 is an awesome system, and that the Gameboy Advance has been the standard for handheld gaming for ages, but the SNES achieved a sort of perfection that hasn't been seen since. This is largely due to the fact that many of the best games ever were developed for it: Final Fantasy VI, Chrono Trigger*, Super Mario World, Super Metroid, Mario RPG, Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past, and the Donkey Kong Country games, to name just a few. Even the frequently turbulent crowd at Gamefaqs is nearly unanimous on this one.

*Incidentally, this is also the best game ever.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youngspacers.blogspot.com
Stormleader

Stormleader

Video game systems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video game systems   Video game systems Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 9:15 am

With the HD-DVD and Blu-Ray wars over, Microsoft is stuck between a rock and a hard place.
The PS3 has the Bluray player built right in (No need to buy a $120 (I think) HD drive. *Cough 360 Cough*).
Plus, with the Bluray disks you can have MUCH bigger games, all on one disk (50GB BluRay compared to 10GB standard DVD, or 40GB HD-DVD).

As for controllers, well, I can see you using it like a steering wheel with the sensors in it for a racing game.
Or you could use them to dogde faster in a FPS.

Also, how many players can you have at once with the 360? (I'm talking about on one system, not online)
The PS3 can have up to 8 at once.

And lets not forget about the fact that people have WAY less problems with the PS3's compared to the 360's (No red lights of doom for the PS3!)

And they are not just game systems, the PS3 is a full entertainment center, with that 80GB hardrive you can store Pictures, Videos, Music, anything you want on it.

Microsoft may have more online stuff, but Sony's been doing this for over 10years now.

Stormy
Back to top Go down
Shadow Viking

Shadow Viking

Skrillas : 5854

Video game systems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video game systems   Video game systems Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 1:05 pm

This poll is flawed. There's no way to select both PS2, Wii and Nintendo 64. Sad
(moreover there's not even an option for NES or SNES)
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/shadowviking/
Elffy

Elffy

Video game systems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video game systems   Video game systems Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 4:00 pm

Lol! I should have made the topic multi choice or whatever it's called...
Back to top Go down
SGT57

SGT57

Video game systems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video game systems   Video game systems Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 4:08 pm

The Xbox 360 can play music and video's too, and how can you have 8 players at once!?! I mean you can only divide your TV screen so many times....

I'm still for the 360, online is amazing, as Ian noted, PS3 online sucks, with lag and such, and I do like the 360 controller better than any of the Nintendo or Sony controller; and let's not forget the Halo trilogy pirat
Back to top Go down
Stormleader

Stormleader

Video game systems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video game systems   Video game systems Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 4:40 pm

Lag isn't the systems fault, it's the people playing on it.
And I like the Dualshock controllers fine.
Plus, I think the Halo stuff is all over rate\hyped.

Stormy
Back to top Go down
SGT57

SGT57

Video game systems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video game systems   Video game systems Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 4:55 pm

Halo is actually alot of fun, I've played it since the first game came out; there is a reason its got alot of press coverage; its a popular game, and its alot of fun to play.
Back to top Go down
PuffDaddy

PuffDaddy

Video game systems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video game systems   Video game systems Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 5:23 pm

Stormleader wrote:
With the HD-DVD and Blu-Ray wars over, Microsoft is stuck between a rock and a hard place.
The PS3 has the Bluray player built right in (No need to buy a $120 (I think) HD drive. *Cough 360 Cough*).

I actually don't care about Blu Ray/HD DVDs....they're dumb. They are not the wave of the future, they are just building off of something we already had. DVDs will still prevail. They need to come out with something revolutionary to really change the way we live, and it isn't Blu Ray. The DVD replaced the VHS Tape because it was smaller, had more capabilities, and produced a better, more reliable video. Plus, Sony is actually losing money by selling the PS3 with a Blu Ray player in it. Remember, Sony already tried the new age technology thing. The UMD started out in the PSP and was supposed to become the next kind of media, but then the PSP didn't do as well as they hoped and they quickly abandoned the idea and started pulling the UMDs off of shelves. And let's not even mention Sony's "revolutionary" MiniDisc....

Stormleader wrote:
Plus, with the Bluray disks you can have MUCH bigger games, all on one disk (50GB BluRay compared to 10GB standard DVD, or 40GB HD-DVD).

Why would I need a bigger game? Most of the games that are out on PS3 are out on 360, and if the PS3 has a bigger game...then why are the games the same on the 360?

Stormleader wrote:
And lets not forget about the fact that people have WAY less problems with the PS3's compared to the 360's (No red lights of doom for the PS3!)

The 360 no longer has those problems. They have been fixed since its release. And the reason people got the RRoD when it came out was because they didn't take care of their consoles. They stuck them in places where they would overheat or where they sat in the sun. Then you had the problem of disks being jammed in the drive...even though the instructions specifically said "don't move the console with a disk in it". They've fixed that problem too, now your disks won't jam in it.

Stormleader wrote:
As for controllers, well, I can see you using it like a steering wheel with the sensors in it for a racing game.
Or you could use them to dogde faster in a FPS.

Ehhh...I still think it's an un-needed feature. I tried using my Wii for racing and the motion controls just don't do anything for me. I find using a regular controller a lot easier. And if you want a steering wheel, they offer actual steering wheels you can use.

Stormleader wrote:
Also, how many players can you have at once with the 360? (I'm talking about on one system, not online)
The PS3 can have up to 8 at once.

Why in the world would I want 8 players on the same screen? I find 2 players bad enough. I can't imagine how bad 4 are. Plus, you can always system link an XBox, allowing more players, and then the opportunity to use more than one screen opens up. Plus, the only time I ever use split screen is when a friend of mine who doesn't own a 360 is at my house, otherwise Microsoft offers such amazing online gameplay Wink

Stormleader wrote:
And they are not just game systems, the PS3 is a full entertainment center, with that 80GB hardrive you can store Pictures, Videos, Music, anything you want on it.

Yea...as Evan said, the 360 does that too Very Happy

Stormleader wrote:
Microsoft may have more online stuff, but Sony's been doing this for over 10years now.

Then why does Microsoft prevail? According to NexGenWars, they've sold a little over 11,000,000 PS3s....and a little over 21,000,000 360s. Sadly, the Wii topped both of them Sad
Back to top Go down
Elffy

Elffy

Video game systems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video game systems   Video game systems Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 5:58 pm

Why are all of your posts TERRIBLY LONG? Wink
Back to top Go down
Stormleader

Stormleader

Video game systems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video game systems   Video game systems Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 5:58 pm

(@ Evan) I've played Halo, and I have to say I like DOOM 3 and MGS4 better than it.

(@ Ian)

1:
The Bluray IS the furture, it produces a more reliable video (They are much hard to scrach them), looks better, and all in the same size.

2: Because you have better graphics with the PS3, and as those graphics get even better, they won't be able to fit on a normal DVD.

3:
The PS3 never had the problems in the first place, I would figure that Microsoft would know that people would do dumb stuff like that Razz

4: Yes, but with the sensors in the controller that means that you don't have to buy a wheel to get that feel, sure a steering wheel is much nicer, but being able to use you standard controller for that would be cool to.

5: What if you were having a party at your house?
Our TV is big enough that it I can see 8 people playing on it without to much trouble, (Though only on like Racing stuff, I think FPS's would be to much)

6: With the PS3 you can plug Camara memory cards right in, allowing you to play a slideshow on your TV even if you don't have it networked to your PC.

7: Because kids don't want to save up for the PS3, and go with the 360.

Stormy
Back to top Go down
Elffy

Elffy

Video game systems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video game systems   Video game systems Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 6:14 pm

PS3's are TONS better than 360's. I rest his You guy's cases! Razz
Back to top Go down
PuffDaddy

PuffDaddy

Video game systems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video game systems   Video game systems Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 6:49 pm

Stormleader wrote:
(@ Evan) I've played Halo, and I have to say I like DOOM 3 and MGS4 better than it.

(@ Ian)

1:
The Bluray IS the furture, it produces a more reliable video (They are much hard to scrach them), looks better, and all in the same size.

2: Because you have better graphics with the PS3, and as those graphics get even better, they won't be able to fit on a normal DVD.

3:
The PS3 never had the problems in the first place, I would figure that Microsoft would know that people would do dumb stuff like that Razz

4: Yes, but with the sensors in the controller that means that you don't have to buy a wheel to get that feel, sure a steering wheel is much nicer, but being able to use you standard controller for that would be cool to.

5: What if you were having a party at your house?
Our TV is big enough that it I can see 8 people playing on it without to much trouble, (Though only on like Racing stuff, I think FPS's would be to much)

6: With the PS3 you can plug Camara memory cards right in, allowing you to play a slideshow on your TV even if you don't have it networked to your PC.

7: Because kids don't want to save up for the PS3, and go with the 360.

Stormy

1. No, Blu Ray just suckered a few people in because they thought it was cool because the picture was slightly better. Blu Ray will fail, because it costs so much and there's nothing that great about it. Plus, i have never scratched a DVD in a way that it didn't work, if you have, maybe you should take better care of them.

2. Umm...the PS3s graphics really aren't all that much better. When wet to HD, my 360 looks as good as any PS3, except for maybe a little pixelation around the edges, but I'm playing a video game, I'm not staring at the edges of the picture looking to see if it's the clearest thing I've ever seen.

3. Hey, that sounds like the American space program versus the Soviet space program. The Americans attempted perfection the first time, the Soviets learned through trial and error, now the Soviet space program is hundreds of times safer than ours. Who cares about the problems anyway, Microsoft fixed them for free, and they even sent people loner 360s so they didn't miss out on any gaming.

4. If I was having a party, I'd get someone to bring over their 360 and we can system link. Plus, to have 8 players, you need 8 controllers and I don't think many people have 7 extra controllers lying around. I only have 2 360 ones and I rarely use the second one. I also normally play only FPS and split screen gets really annoying and hard to see even with a big screen. Racing may be a little better, but I still wouldn't want 8 people on the same screen, even if I used a huge screen.

6. Umm....you can do that on the 360 too, it's called a USB port, the U stans for universal, meaning anything plugs in here. Whether it be my gamera, my iPod, or something else I'd like to try sticking in it. You don't need to have it set up in your network...

7. The PS3 is not even that much more expensive than the 360. It's not that it's cheaper, the surrent 360s ring up between $250 and $400. Last I checked your 80gb PS3 ran $400, the 360 Elite, which has a 120gb hard drive runs that same price. So, it's slightly cheaper in the way that it has more for the same price, but I mean, if a kid wants a PS3, he doesn't have to save up much more. I could have gotten a PS3 for what I payed for my 360, but the 360 had already been out for over a year, had more games, and I heard better reviews. You can't really point out faults that the PS3 fixed, because the PS3 came out a year later, making it easier for them to look into what the 360 was missing. Then, Microsoft retaliated and made things like the Elite, which were meant to one-up the PS3.

Sorry my posts are so long, I just have too much to say. Smile
Back to top Go down
Memory
The Advisor
The Advisor
Memory

Skrillas : 5969

Video game systems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video game systems   Video game systems Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 8:38 pm

Stormleader wrote:

Well, as long as we're bringing age into the discussion, Nintendo has been around since 1889.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youngspacers.blogspot.com
Adrenaline
The Enforcer
The Enforcer
Adrenaline

Skrillas : 6005

Video game systems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video game systems   Video game systems Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 8:39 pm

Oh jeez, I believe we have a winner...
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/people/soldierof1945/
PuffDaddy

PuffDaddy

Video game systems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video game systems   Video game systems Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 8:53 pm

Memory wrote:
Stormleader wrote:

Well, as long as we're bringing age into the discussion, Nintendo has been around since 1889.

Plus, the Wii has sold more than the 360 and the PS3, and the DS sold 77 million copies world wide, but the PSP only sold 31 million units worldwide.....so I guess worst is best....
Back to top Go down
Dr. J

Dr. J

Skrillas : 5973

Video game systems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video game systems   Video game systems Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 9:14 pm

Now, I can't say Wii is better than all of those because I've never played any of those besides the GC, and I some times play others at WM and my friend's, but I do know the following:

I couldn't care less about graphics.
I can listen to music any time on my computer, cd player, or mp3 player. (And the same can be said for DVDs)
I don't buy or play a lot of games, so hard drive space or whatever isn't important to me either.
Internet is free, as long as you already have wireless in your home. (However, an internet browser does cost a few dollars to download, but just as before, I can access the interwebs anytime on my compy)
A wi-fi connector or phone line connector (I guess that's what they are) are available for purchase too if wireless is a no.

And at least for MKW, online play is seamless, and disconnections are always either a problem with our connection, or because one of us were being a n00b during races. Wink
Back to top Go down
Elffy

Elffy

Video game systems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video game systems   Video game systems Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 10:02 pm

I don't understand why the DS sold more than the PSP. I mean, the DS does have the stylus, touch pad, and the chatting rooms, but the PSP has ALOT more. Like the Internet, Music, Games etc., even though I bought a DS....

I just bought it cause it looked cool, and because I was with a friend on a trip, and he and I played his all way home. (about 3 hrs.)

Although at first I was going to buy a PSP, but he just convinced me....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Video game systems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video game systems   Video game systems Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Video game systems
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next