Perhaps Plastic Explosives?
C-C-C-CUH YEAH I DO COCAINE!
C-C-C-CUH YEAH I DO COCAINE!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated to all who contributed to one of Paul's favourite experiences. Thank you.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Video game systems

Go down 
+6
Stormleader
Jayfo
Jettrooper-77
Adrenaline
SGT57
Elffy
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Which game system do you like best?
PS2/PS1
Video game systems - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Video game systems - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
PS3
Video game systems - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%Video game systems - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 9% [ 1 ]
Wii
 9% [ 1 ]
Gamecube
 0% [ 0 ]
Xbox/Xbox360
Video game systems - Page 2 Vote_lcap36%Video game systems - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 36% [ 4 ]
Nintendo/Nintendo64
 9% [ 1 ]
Gameboy (any kind)
 0% [ 0 ]
PSP
 9% [ 1 ]
Nintendo DS
 0% [ 0 ]
Pc/Mac (Mac rules!)
Video game systems - Page 2 Vote_lcap27%Video game systems - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 27% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 11

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
PuffDaddy

PuffDaddy

Skrillas : 5978

Video game systems - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video game systems   Video game systems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 12:02 am

I don't know why more DSs sold, but I do prefer PSP, even though I don't play mine. I played my cousins DS and it just got boring. The touch pad just seemed unnescessary and hard to use. And, overall, I prefer my GB Advance to all of the current hand helds.
Back to top Go down
Memory
The Advisor
The Advisor
Memory

Skrillas : 5970

PostSubject: Re: Video game systems   Video game systems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 12:38 am

I have a DS Lite, and I think it's THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST. I'll take the touch screen and almost nonexistent loading times over a higher screen resolution any day. It's more interesting that way.

Something that doesn't seem to have been touched upon is the fact that the quality of a gaming system is largely determined by the games available for it. And, historically, Nintendo has had a far larger proportion of quality games than its competitors. This is probably due to the fact that with each system, they've focused on coming up with new innovations and ideas to create a better gaming experience, whereas Microsoft and Sony are simply gunning for specs.

So, perhaps the DS Lite sold seventy-seven million copies world wide because it's a more flexible system with a better roster of games which doesn't try to be a computer and mp3 player at the same time (although there is an Opera chip available).

... so I guess best... is best.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youngspacers.blogspot.com
Stormleader

Stormleader

Skrillas : 6104
Location : Blasting through anything in my way....And you are in my way.

PostSubject: Re: Video game systems   Video game systems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 10:45 am

Take a look at this.
3 TIMES THE POWER OF THE 360!!!
Also, I'm not one to buy a game for it's graphics, but alot of people do, so as game makers continue to improve graphics, You need a more powerful system to be able to play the games.

Quote :
No, Blu Ray just suckered a few people in because they thought it was cool because the picture was slightly better. Blu Ray will fail, because it costs so much and there's nothing that great about it. Plus, i have never scratched a DVD in a way that it didn't work, if you have, maybe you should take better care of them.

I like my disks nice and clean thank you.
Also, Blurays really aren't that much more expensive than normal games, MGS4 is around $55, and that is Bluray.
And considering as I said that Blurays holds 5 times as much as normal DVD's I'm happy to pay that much more.

Stormy
Back to top Go down
Elffy

Elffy

Skrillas : 5864

PostSubject: Re: Video game systems   Video game systems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 2:53 pm

Memory wrote:
Something that doesn't seem to have been touched upon is the fact that the quality of a gaming system is largely determined by the games available for it. And, historically, Nintendo has had a far larger proportion of quality games than its competitors. This is probably due to the fact that with each system, they've focused on coming up with new innovations and ideas to create a better gaming experience, whereas Microsoft and Sony are simply gunning for specs.

So, perhaps the DS Lite sold seventy-seven million copies world wide because it's a more flexible system with a better roster of games which doesn't try to be a computer and mp3 player at the same time (although there is an Opera chip available).

I also have a ds lite...True, i.e.I want to get the complete saga (Lego Starwars 3) for ps2. But, it isn't made for that system. But I also don't want to spend my money on it for ds, because I just HATE the system. (Plus I would rather spend my money on Leygos:))
Back to top Go down
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=327312
PuffDaddy

PuffDaddy

PostSubject: Re: Video game systems   Video game systems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 3:38 pm

Yes, but a Blu Ray movie costs way more than a DVD, for what? A slightly crisper picture, and what else is it going to hold? More special features that no one will watch? PotC is $35 on Blu Ray....I can find it on DVD for $15. Thats $20 that I can then out towards ANOTHER movie...

And that article you linked to isn't very good for backing up your point. All of the people they asked said, "To me, their power is the same", "In my eyes, they have the same power". So....a bigger processer for more money, only to have developers say they both perform the same.
Back to top Go down
Elffy

Elffy

PostSubject: Re: Video game systems   Video game systems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 3:50 pm

Should I make another poll on the same thing, but multiple choice?
Back to top Go down
Stormleader

Stormleader

PostSubject: Re: Video game systems   Video game systems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 3:57 pm

Ian, sure they both work fine now, but as games get more graphic intense the PS3 will be able to handle them.

Stormy
Back to top Go down
Dr. J

Dr. J

Skrillas : 5974

PostSubject: Re: Video game systems   Video game systems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 5:01 pm

Elffy, if you do make another, you can shrink it by putting gamecube and wii together since the wii can play gamecube games too.

Oh, and the computer option shouldn't be biased towards Mac. Wink
Back to top Go down
Elffy

Elffy

PostSubject: Re: Video game systems   Video game systems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 5:06 pm

gasp! Don't you dare say anything against Mac! Wink

Sure.
Back to top Go down
Memory
The Advisor
The Advisor
Memory

Skrillas : 5970

PostSubject: Re: Video game systems   Video game systems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 6:05 pm

The worst thing you can do for Apple's reputation is be a fanboy. So many people hate Halo and cite it's over-hypedness, when, in fact, Bungie is a fantastic company which has been making great games for some time now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youngspacers.blogspot.com
PuffDaddy

PuffDaddy

PostSubject: Re: Video game systems   Video game systems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 10:37 pm

Stormleader wrote:
Ian, sure they both work fine now, but as games get more graphic intense the PS3 will be able to handle them.

Stormy

It's called compressing data. They do it with MP3s now, you can fit hundreds of songs onto one disc, wheres older disks help 20ish. I know my CD-Rs only hold around 15 songs each, but with MP3s, I can put a ton of them on one disc because the files are so compressed. Who knows, maybe they will do the same with video games someday? That way they can fit more data onto one disk, whether it be DVD or Blu Ray.

As for Halo, I do see it as rather over rated, but that's because I just don't like it all that much. It's an OK game, but I don't love it as much as some people.

Infinity Ward FTW Wink
Back to top Go down
Elffy

Elffy

PostSubject: Re: Video game systems   Video game systems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 7:59 am

Get the Ipod Nano! (5th generation) i think thats what I have...it can hold over 1000 songs on it
Back to top Go down
Stormleader

Stormleader

PostSubject: Re: Video game systems   Video game systems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 9:40 am

It would be hard to compress the Data, there is a differance between just sound files and game Data.
And most of the time you get better quality with un-compressed stuff.

Stormy
Back to top Go down
Adrenaline
The Enforcer
The Enforcer
Adrenaline

Skrillas : 6006

PostSubject: Re: Video game systems   Video game systems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 5:19 pm

Yes it would be hard, but it can be done. You think they didn't say the say thing about sound files before .mp3's?

Also, it depends on the recorder/converter for the quality of .mp3's...I've had both awesome and horrible ones.
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/people/soldierof1945/
Stormleader

Stormleader

PostSubject: Re: Video game systems   Video game systems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 10:07 pm

I'm taking about sound as in surround sound, and maybe with MP3's it's not a problem, but you want uncompressed sound for your home theater (I helped our Dad set out's up, we first used normal cables, then when we got our new TV we switched to HDMI, and let me tell you, it's much easier to wire)

How about we just agree to disagree? The PS3 has what I want, if the 360 has what you want, then more power to you.

Stormy
Back to top Go down
Adrenaline
The Enforcer
The Enforcer
Adrenaline

PostSubject: Re: Video game systems   Video game systems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 10:15 pm

What does the easiness of setting up HDMI have to do with the quality of the sound?
Back to top Go down
Stormleader

Stormleader

PostSubject: Re: Video game systems   Video game systems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 10:46 am

I was saying that I knew what I was talking about as far as home theater stuff, I was just saying that HDMI is much easier to wire than normal cables.

Stormy
Back to top Go down
Adrenaline
The Enforcer
The Enforcer
Adrenaline

PostSubject: Re: Video game systems   Video game systems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 7:47 pm

But that doesn't mean HDMI sounds better just because it's easier to wire.
Back to top Go down
PuffDaddy

PuffDaddy

PostSubject: Re: Video game systems   Video game systems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 8:24 pm

HDMI doesn't even improve sound....its improves the picture. HDMI allows an HD video signal to be played on an HD screen using 3 video wires instead of 1. That's all it does. I love the HDMI that came with my 360, makes the graphics a lot better.
Back to top Go down
Stormleader

Stormleader

PostSubject: Re: Video game systems   Video game systems - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 9:40 pm

HDMI does help with sound, you can use uncompressed sound due to the fact that it can handlea much greater amount of data.

Stormy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Video game systems   Video game systems - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Video game systems
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2