Perhaps Plastic Explosives?
C-C-C-CUH YEAH I DO COCAINE!
C-C-C-CUH YEAH I DO COCAINE!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dedicated to all who contributed to one of Paul's favourite experiences. Thank you.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Britain "Champion" MBT

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Shadow Viking

Shadow Viking

Skrillas : 5875

New Britain "Champion" MBT Empty
PostSubject: New Britain "Champion" MBT   New Britain "Champion" MBT Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 1:48 pm

New Britain
Pic is link. More photos in the set.

PLMKWYT! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/shadowviking/
Memory
The Advisor
The Advisor
Memory

Skrillas : 5990

PostSubject: Re: New Britain "Champion" MBT   New Britain "Champion" MBT Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 4:34 pm

I liek what you've done with this, Peter. It definitely shows a years worth of improvement, and is head and shoulders above the heavy tank.

I really like everything about it- the hatch and mg on the front are ace, and that's one of the sharpest tread profiles I've seen. The gun barrel is interesting, making good use of the technic pin joiner.

Here's what I find lacking, though. Technically, it's just one small place- the front corners. I understand why the side plating stops where it does- to avoid the sliver gap that appear between it and the 2x4 wing on top there. I think it would have been worth it to replace that corner wedge with a rectangular equivalent (be that what it may) and extend the side armour all the way to the front. You'd get a sort of "sharp cheese" look, which might, IMO, be better than what you have now.

My aesthetic beef: more colours, man! So far, you have one accent colour with sparing use of greys added to mix things up. Moar accents! Bits of yellow and red work wonders as warning indicators; use a med blue/blue/dk blue stripe somewhere to emphasize the main colourscheme. Of course, I know that you have a specific idea for what NB should look like- maybe my suggestions overstep the boundaries.

Lastly, the semantics. Either call make it bigger or stop calling it an MBT! MBT's are supposed to be very large tanks, and I'm just not getting that vibe with back cut off like that. Don't get me wrong, it looks sharp like that, but I would classify this as medium tank or something.

IMO

-Jacob
Back to top Go down
http://www.youngspacers.blogspot.com
Stormleader

Stormleader

Skrillas : 6124
Location : Blasting through anything in my way....And you are in my way.

PostSubject: Re: New Britain "Champion" MBT   New Britain "Champion" MBT Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 5:35 pm

Looks very nice Pete!

And Memory, I thought MBT stood for Medium-Battle-Tank?

-Stormy
Back to top Go down
Memory
The Advisor
The Advisor
Memory

Skrillas : 5990

PostSubject: Re: New Britain "Champion" MBT   New Britain "Champion" MBT Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 5:43 pm

Main Battle Tank.

Here's the British one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.youngspacers.blogspot.com
Stormleader

Stormleader

Skrillas : 6124
Location : Blasting through anything in my way....And you are in my way.

PostSubject: Re: New Britain "Champion" MBT   New Britain "Champion" MBT Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 6:57 pm

Ah, Thats right, My bad! Smile

-Stormy
Back to top Go down
Shadow Viking

Shadow Viking

Skrillas : 5875

PostSubject: Re: New Britain "Champion" MBT   New Britain "Champion" MBT Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 2:18 pm

Thanks for the in-depth review Memory. It's very much appreciated! Smile

The partial side armour was actually a conscious choice before the top tread armour was completed. I know it's a little weird, but (and htis will come up a lot) NB is really stylised, focusing on looks more than practicality. Having that front corner of tread covered made it look too heavy to me. That said I don't like the quick chop of it, so a compromise might come up (a more gradual halt with better merging toward the top armour).

Regarding the colours, I like the idea of warning indicators. I'll try to work in some yellow or tan for that...
Other blues would be neat too, maybe, but I wanted to get a sort of cold, clinical feeling with mostly cool colour temperatures.
So uh... that would totally work. I'll look into it. >_>

As for your final point, that shows how little I know about tanks, haha.
In my defense, the unposted backstory for this was that research for a cleaner and more efficient engine resulted in one that much much smaller as well, so when it was ported to the military, the room normally needed for engines became obsolete. So it's pretty much a Challenger II chopped behind the turret. Very Happy

Also it's the future. Nyah. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/shadowviking/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Britain "Champion" MBT   New Britain "Champion" MBT Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Britain "Champion" MBT
Page 1 of 1